And then it came to me. You guys all like a giveaway, right? And making cards? So let's combine the two!
Up for grabs is a $10 gift certificate to Caffeinated Papercuts and all you have to do is make a card and send it to me.
Yes, that's it.
I, in turn, will turn around and send in all of the cards, plus some of my own, to Operation Write Home.
So, your mission this World Card Making Day is to make a card (or two...or ten!) that falls into one of the following categories:
- Holiday (Christmas, Hanukkah, etc.)
- General Fall (no turkeys, ghosts, or pilgrims please)
- General Winter
- Thank You
- Missing You
- Thinking of You
- Blank (no sentiment)
There are also guidelines that Operation Write Home asks card makers to follow when creating these little treasures. Please follow the link for the full list of do & do nots; I've highlighted most of them below:
- No glitter! None! Stickles or glitter pens that will not rub off can be acceptable and they suggest rubbing it against a sweater to be sure that it will not flake off. That said, I think it's simpler to just leave the Stickles on the shelf this time.
- A2 sized cards only and please include an envelope.
- Line cards made with dark cardstock. Often all our troops have to write with is a pencil and that will not show up on the darker cardstocks.
- Some dimension is ok, and loved. They ask that we please save the "big vintage buttons and deep 3D embellishments" for another time or to use on AnyHero mail that doesn't go through the post office.
- Use quality supplies. Computer paper or thin designer paper is not adequate for letterwriting when a hero might be using the sand as a “table” . . . so please use good, heavy cardstock for your card bases. Do not use foamies, ittybitty stickers, or gluesticks – they don’t hold up to the rigors of the battlefront.
- Card Recipients. Typically these are to adults, from adults, and they ask that we stay away from 'mommy' & 'daddy' cards and the like.
- No handwritten sentiments
- No storebought cards
- No photo cards
- make a card following the guidelines above
- send me the card - I need it to be here, in New York, by Friday, October 11th to make the holiday deadline!
- your name goes into the drawing for the $10 gift certificate to Caffeinated Papercuts
- winner will be announced Friday, October 18th here on the blog
10997 Mariaville Road
Pattersonville, NY 12137
Since we all love crafting with friends, feel free to invite them to join you!
Tweet it: http://clicktotweet.com/SkH8d
Post it on Facebook by sharing this blog article!
Feel free to tag us on Instagram - @caffeinatedpapercuts - while you're creating; we'll happily share your creativity with everyone!
I cannot wait to see the beautiful cards you create! Feel free to give a shout-out in the comments if you plan on participating. Happy Crafting!